THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Matt, Day 223

I’ve been feeling overwhelmingly sentimental all day. Maybe it’s due to the rain, causing me to want to hunker down and invite tranquilness to settle in all around me. I could hardly focus while at work. I just wanted to get away from all the people, escape the busyness and frenzy. Throughout all of today I wished I could cling to someone I love and escape this life. To fly away to Ireland with Jesse and enjoy the relics of centuries past, the tranquil country side, and breathtaking scenery; that’s what I wished to do today. Or maybe I could’ve evoked Kelly to run away to Sweden with me. We could find café and conversation in a little Swedish shop for endless hours with Ieva, our long lost friend. I could think of a no less perfect Thursday than that. I might have rescued Starr from work. We’d then have stopped in Nevada for Faleasha, and Guatemala here we come! That would have been beyond wonderful. Maybe I shouldn’t have made plans with Christia and flown to Maine. We could have hid out in a little fishing cabin on a quaint and quite street. I imagine autumn has begun in that region. We could have talked, and talked, then quieted down and both written our memoirs. Today, all of today, I could think of nothing but escape.


I think someone could possibly create a new syndrome because of me. Every single Thursday without exception I’m convinced from beginning to end that it’s Friday. I even feel like Wednesday evening is ushering in Friday. And on Friday I’m sure it must be Saturday. Friday feels like Friday (not Saturday), but a freakish repeat seeing how Thursday felt entirely like Friday as well. Every single week!!! I think possibly I’m not meant to work 5 days or something. I just cannot get over this feeling. The worst part is that every Thursday night as I’m trying to fall asleep I’m sure, absolutely convinced in my gut that when I awake it will be Saturday. Of course my head knows I have to work in the morning (Friday). But some odd feeling somewhere in me is sure of Friday’s premature close and Saturday’s early arrival. None the less Friday always comes around anyway.

I want to escape, NOW!



Happy Birthday Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment