THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good Day 235

As I left my home this morning I felt as though I was driving towards a paradise that in no way resembled a route to work but rather an Africa with cows and deer and geese. The sunrise was a yellowy orange gorgeousness and the small bit of clouds that sat just above it's rising looked like a safari photograph.

I listened to worship music while I drove today. It wasn't distracting. It was like fuel, better than whole grains or caffeine. It filled me with strength, peace, and joy. It helped me to face the day with optimism instead of anxiety and dread. And it was beautiful.

Work was great. I got out early. I had time to do TONS of yard work at home. I read the Bible. I spent a short bit of the evening babysitting, playing at a park with two kids.

I feel refreshed at peace, and happy about today. Still tired. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment