THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Food, Day 240

I realize more fully now why I struggle so much with food. I look back on all of today (which isn't quite over) searching my memory for the good things. Driving through the country with a hot cup of tea while the sun's rising colored the horizon was the highlight of my day. The second good moment was when I consumed a hot cup of cider. And that's all I've got. I tried to think of little things I could do throughout the day to brighten it up, to create good memories, to feel a bit more like I'd feel while on vacation. The only things I could think of were food related; stopping at a quaint little cafe for lunch (didn't do it... dieting); enjoying scrumptious truffles during my break time while reading a library book (didn't do it... dieting. Oh, I did read the book and that was good); dining out at a delicious restaurant for dinner (you know the drill). I REALLY enjoy food but I battle with it for that very reason. It's so easy no matter how difficult, weary and jammed pack a day may be to find a moment of delight in something delicious. It's not so easy burning an excessive amount of extra un-needed calories before the day's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment