THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Looking, Day 241

As I drove to Ludington today I was looking for beautiful leaves. The green is fading. Brown is taking over the scene. The deep purples, vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows aren't in full swing yet but everything out of doors is changing. As I drove and looked I saw a tiny white tale deer standing near a forest. I noticed a scattering of vibrant lilac colored flowers intermingled with tiny ten inch tall yellowed trees. I passed by three giant puffy dried weeds that were dancing in the wind. Each to it's own rhythm lifted from the earth, dipped down and lifted again only to pause in the air for a few unrealistic moments and then sway side to side. The crisp puffy things unnaturally flew upwards and downwards and up again dancing with each other. Who'd have ever thought weeds could be so enchanting. There were a few BRIGHT red trees out there. And I began to notice the changing of the grass and other vegetation. The ferns growing along forest floors were all milk chocolate brown. The cattail grass in wetlands has turned a sand color. And despite the lack of beautiful yellow trees as of yet there are some exquisite yellow fields in existence at present.

Genuinely just looking, just turning my eyes (from the path I should be focused on) and noticing the world surrounding me is one of my absolute favorite things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment