THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Monday, September 6, 2010

Coffeeeeee, Day 225

One of my favorite things to do lately is sleep. I don't want to get out of bed each morning. I look forward to continued sleep more than I look forward to executing a new day. Sadly each morning I think to myself along these lines: If only I had coffee to look forward to. I'm pretty sure I'm a hardcore addict, maybe a cafeic. Other than for one week in June while I was in Guatemala I haven't had coffee since January, SEVEN MONTHS! But I still wish I could have it almost every single day... actually I wish I could have it every day.

At this point in time I believe this coffee craving is purely mental. There's some subconscious connection I have between coffee and comfort and my body thinks I need it to be happy. I've actually been wondering to myself if I'll even still like it once I reincorporate it (probably a really stupid wondering). I wonder if I could figure out how the connection was made if I could make just as strong a connection with, say, water. And it's not the caffeine. I still allow myself tea and caffeinated colas. I'm annoyed with myself over this issue.

This "being me without coffee" goal is looking to be impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment